February 23, 2015

Newborn Photos...at 6 weeks old

As soon as we received our maternity photos back from Monica Marie Photography, I knew I wanted Monica to capture some photos of our sweet new baby. Most people have newborn photos taken when the baby is less than 3 weeks old. Babies tend to be sleepy and easy to pose for photos. With the holidays and conflicting schedules Monica wasn't able to come over until our little one was closer to 6 weeks old. She was a little more alert during our session, this little girl sure was fighting nap time, but Monica was still able to capture some beautiful photos of her.
This is the same feather hairpiece I wore on our wedding day. It clipped into my hair, but since our sweet girl doesn't have much hair for it to clip to, I fastened it to a lace headband. I love that Monica captured these photos with our wedding photos in the background.
It is amazing how quickly she has changed in the last 6 weeks. I'm so thankful that Todd's sister was able to come over just days after she was born to capture some photos and also that Monica was able to come over to capture these sweet moments of our family.

Of course, Ellie thought she had to pose for a photo too. Niah was too busy playing to stop for a photo. :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment