February 26, 2015

30 before 30

Have you heard of those 30 before 30 lists? Basically it is a list of 30 things you've never done before that you'd like to complete by your 30th birthday. I have wanted to make one for awhile now and with my 27th birthday coming up in the next few months I figured now is as good a time as any. I've had some ideas in my head for awhile, I've just never put anything down on paper. I'll be sure to update the list as I think of more goals or complete things. Also, I'm giving myself the grace to switch things up or change my goals depending on how things take shape. This list isn't meant to be work or full of deadlines, it is meant to be a fun way to accomplish some of my dreams. So here we go, in no particular order, just as things came to mind: 


1 – Come up with 30 things for the list :)
2 – Become debt free
3 – Clean out our basement
3 – Make a quilt out of my college t-shirts
4 – Go on an impromptu weekend getaway
5 – Finish my daughter's baby book
6 – Do 5 things in our hometown that tourists do
7 – Host a major holiday at our home
8 – Learn to make and perfect an authentic Spanish tortilla. This was my favorite food my host mother made the summer I spent in Spain. I’ve tried many recipes and can never quite get it right.
9 – Make a family yearbook for every year we have been married
10 – Take a class of some sort - cooking, painting, another language, music, I don’t know yet.
11 – Go on a couple’s vacation - Napa anyone?
12 – Make an article of clothing. I love to sew but mostly stick to quilts or other flat goods, I’ve been hesitant of trying my hand at clothing, but would love to finish something for my little girl.
13 – Purchase a rental home
14 – Complete a race (true goal is a half marathon) – Full disclosure: I don’t run and have struggled with this in the past, this feels like a very lofty goal. So, I’m giving myself grace to say a 5k or 10k would also qualify as completing this one. :)
15 – Go on a family vacation somewhere none of us have been before
16 – Finish our basement
17 – Build a piece of furniture
18 – Bring a meal to a friend in need
19 – Find somewhere to volunteer as a family
20 – Have a job I love
21 – Learn how to take quality photos
22 – Learn to make a family recipe - I’m thinking Great-Grandma’s apple pie, mom’s cheesecake or strawberry jam
23 – Start a garden of fruits or vegetables and maintain it.
24 – Learn how to can food. I’m looking at you vegetable garden.  
25 – Do 30 random acts of kindness
26 – Watch all of the movies on AFI’s Top 100 list
27 – Go on a date night every month
28 – Take a sabbath day each week
29 – Read the entire Bible
30 – Start a family tradition
31 – Since #1 shouldn’t really count. Create and complete a year long memory jar. - write down one memorable thing every day and on New Year’s Eve look back on all the fun memories of the past year.

Anyone else have a bucket list of sorts? If so, what is on yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment