July 13, 2015

One step closer...


This weekend I took one step closer towards reaching one of my 30 before 30 goals - completing a race. I went out and purchased new running shoes. Now, to some this may not seem like a big deal, however for those that know me well, you know I don't run. At all. Ever. So, this feels like a really lofty goal for me, which is why I wanted to start now, while I still have a couple years before my 30th birthday. So for now, I'll take things one step at a time and for me, the first step was new shoes. You see, I haven't had new running shoes in nine years. That's right, I have not purchased a pair of tennies in almost a decade. I'm almost embarrassed to even admit that. But, you have to start somewhere right? First step, shoes. Next step, use the shoes! I've signed up for an online bootcamp that starts next week. The bootcamp is more of an overall exercise plan, not specific to running, I think it will be just the boost I need to start working out again and get things headed in the right direction. Plus the leader has already told me she'll help me with some running tips to get started. Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment