December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Weekend 2014

We headed up to Columbus on Thursday morning to have Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. My grandparents had everyone over for lunch and it was great to see our extended family.
On Friday we did a little Black Friday shopping, really, we only went to the fabric store to pick up the rest of the fabric fabric for our baby's quilt. Hopefully I have time to finish this in the next month before he or she arrives! Then we went over to Todd's sister's house to meet our new baby niece. She was born this week and is absolutely precious.
Friday night we went back up to my grandparent's house for a baby shower. My aunts wanted to host a baby shower for us and invited all the women in my mom's extended family and many of my college friends. It wonderful to see so many friends and family that I haven't seen in awhile. I'm so thankful they were in Ohio for the holiday and able to come into town for the evening.
Saturday Todd and I went to the Ohio State vs. Michigan game. Every year we try to get tickets for one game through my membership with the Alumni Association. This year we couldn't attend the game we got through the ticket lottery and we were pretty bummed out. My parents get season tickets and ended up with two extra tickets to the Michigan game. So, we sold our tickets and jumped at our chance to attend this game. We love OSU football and what better game to go to than this rivalry game. I was a little nervous to go, being an hour and a half from home and 8 months pregnant, but we had a great time, plus the extra insulation the baby provided me kept me nice and warm! :)
This was such a fun day date with Todd. We love going to games together and cheering on our favorite college team. Our seats were way up, but I don't mind sitting up higher at football games, it is easier for me to see all of the plays and everything that is going on in the game. After the 3rd quarter, some seats opened up near my parents, so we moved over to the north end of the stadium to sit with them and watch the last quarter.
We had a great time at the game and tailgating before hand. And it is always fun to be at a game where the Buckeyes win!

After the game we went back over to Todd's sister's house for Thanksgiving with his family. After dinner we made the trip back home. We had a great weekend, lots of time with family and friends. We are so blessed and thankful for those near and dear to us. I think we'll be staying close to home now until our sweet baby makes his or her debut!


No comments:

Post a Comment