December 18, 2014

Home Tour: Nursery

The baby's nursery is finally completed. Our little one is due in just 2 weeks. Part of what has taken so long to finish the room is that the crib has been on back order. It finally arrived this week. Once Todd finished putting it together, I was able to put the finishing touches on the room. I would say I helped assemble it, but really, in my 9th month of pregnancy I mostly sat in the rocker reading directions aloud and keeping him company.

Since we want to be surprised and haven't found out the baby's gender, we went with a pretty neutral color scheme. I'm not big into themed nurseries but I couldn't resist giving this sweet babe's room a coastal feel.
The room was already this color when it was my sewing room. We love the color and its calm vibes so we kept it. Todd painted the ceiling since it had several scuffs and we wanted to go with a more durable paint so that we could wipe any marks off the ceiling easily. Todd also spent many hours sanding and refinishing the dresser, which we set up as the changing table. He also replaced the hardware.
My DIY contribution to the room is the baby's quilt. I went with a disappearing nine patch pattern in slate blues, grays, white and mustardy yellow. I love quilting and hadn't made one in awhile. It was so fun to make something for our sweet little one knowing he or she will use it as a playmat on the floor while little and as a blankie on their bed or for family movies on the couch as they get older.
I am so pleased with how the nursery turned out. The colors are so relaxing to me and I can't wait to sit and rock our sweet babe in there. I think if we have a boy I'll add in more touches of navy or mustardy yellow and if its a girl I'll throw in some touches of coral.

Source List: 
Paint - Sherwin Williams Halcyon Green
Crib - Buy Buy Baby
Dresser / Changing table - Craigslist
Dresser handles - Hobby Lobby
Rocker - Pottery Barn Outlet. It is the Comfort Swivel Rocker.
Rocker Slipcover - Pottery Barn Kids
Ottoman - Restoration Hardware Baby and Child
Drapery - HomeGoods
Drapery Rods - old from Bed Bath and Beyond
Hamper - West Elm
Starfish Pillow - Pottery Barn Outlet
Gray Crib Sheets - Buy Buy Baby
Sailboat mobile and mobile arm - baby shower gift, Pottery Barn Kids
Sailboat Nightlight - Pottery Barn Kids
Baby Quilt - made by me
Bookshelf - Old, this was in my room as a kid
Whale - The Summery Umbrella on Etsy
Lamp - Target
Clock - Ikea
Crab Artwork - Boutique shop in Baltimore, I can't recall the name.
Beach painting - purchased on our babymoon at an art show in Hawaii
Pier photograph - Taken by us on vacation in Michigan
Artwork Frames - Michael's and Pottery Barn Outlet
Lantern and Sand Art Print- My parents picked this up for us on a vacation in Maine a few years back

If I missed anything and you want to know where it is from, please comment below.


No comments:

Post a Comment