December 26, 2014

It's a Girl!

7lbs 1oz     20" long
time: 11:48am

We received the best Christmas present ever this year! Our sweet baby made her entrance into this world 6 days early on Christmas Eve. We didn't find out the baby's sex while I was pregnant. Everyone (myself included) thought for sure the baby would be a boy based on all the wives tales and how I was carrying, so I am still in shock and total surprise that we have a daughter, but we couldn't be happier.
She is absolutely perfect and we are so in love with her. I've never felt so blessed. We are all adjusting to life as a family of 3 now, well 5 if you count the pups. :) She is doing great, nursing like a champ and sleeping well. I'm doing well, of course exhausted after not sleeping for a few days, and I'm sure there is more of that to come, but overall I feel great. Todd is an amazing father already, he is such a natural and is so great with her. I can't wait to see their relationship grow and develop.
I'm so thankful that the Lord blessed us with the natural birth we prayed for and that everything went well. I'll share her birth story as soon as I can get it all written out. For now, I'm going to soak up these precious moments with our sweet baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment