August 30, 2015

OSU Inspired Baby Quilt

One of my very good friends from college is currently expecting her first baby. Her and her husband met at Ohio State and are big Buckeyes fans. As soon as I found out she was pregnant I started searching Pinterest for baby quilt ideas. I found a ton of cute patterns, but wasn't crazy about any of them. Then it hit me, an OSU inspired quilt! It is gender neutral for a boy or girl, but I know their little boy will love this as he grows up. 

I followed this tutorial I found on Pinterest. I won't go into detail as to how I made this quilt, since I basically followed the tutorial exactly. The only thing I changed was the size. I made this one smaller than the one in the tutorial since it will be for a baby. 

I just love how this quilt turned out! I think it is so fun! The colors and prints are so fun and I love that the lattice pattern slightly resembles a "Block O" pattern. 

Quilt Specs: 
33" x 43"
Face - cotton quilting fabrics
Binding - I made the bias tape out of a black cotton quilting fabric. 
Back - gray quilter's flannel
Quilting Pattern - free motion in an all over squiggle pattern

You can see more of my sewing projects and quilts I have completed on my Facebook Page and  Etsy Shop.

I had so much fun making this quilt for my friend's baby boy. I am glad I finished it in time so that I could give this to her and her husband at their baby shower this weekend. I think they liked it and I'm sure their little one will too!


No comments:

Post a Comment