April 18, 2014

well hello there

This post was updated in January 2015 to include our daughter. 

I have been thinking about starting a blog for quite some time. In hindsight, I really should have done this a few years ago when we bought our house as a way to keep up with all our projects and the changes our home has undergone. At the time we were so busy and then time kept passing and it seemed silly to start one after the house was "finished." Well, any homeowner knows, a house is never truly finished, especially when you have two project loving people living there. So, I have decided to start blogging as a place to share a little taste of our life. I hope to share lots of fun DIY projects and everything that goes into making a house a home. There is more to making a home than pretty decor, good cooking and having everything spotless, it is about sharing a space with those you love and making that space uniquely yours. I'd like to provide a little snapshot into what it means for us to make our house a home.

Why the name "Anchored Living"?
In the Bible, in Hebrews 6:19 it states: "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." I strive to be anchored in all aspects of my life: in my faith, having a good balance between work and play, making family a priority and maintaining a sense of stability. Of course, I am not perfect and sometimes life is messy, but when my focus is on the Lord he helps me stay strong in the storm, much like an anchor does for a ship at sea. Living an "anchored life" does not necessarily mean you are stuck or that something is permanent, but rather that you have a sense of security in who you are and whose you are. When change happens or life's storms arise you will be able to stand strong. I believe that when you are anchored in faith, you have hope for better days and greater things to come. 

Here is a little more about me and my family:



My husband Todd is truly my best friend in the world. He is probably one of the most talented and silly people I have ever met. It is so much fun to be able to share life with this amazing man.

We met in high school through a church retreat, but didn't really become friends until 4 years later. We became close friends and the rest as they say is history. We were married in May 2011. I may be biased, but our wedding was so fun! I'll be sure to post more of our story soon.





Meet our family:
Ellie is our miniature labradoodle. She is always
full of energy and ready to play but is also
a big snuggler, she is definitely a "momma's girl."
Niah is a mix, though we aren't sure what breeds. She came to live with us in March 2014. She is one of the most gentle, sweet dogs I have ever known. She rarely leaves Todd's side.
It is so much fun to watch these two girls play together and then snuggle up together on the couch for a nap. They really are best buddies.



Our daughter was born on Christmas Eve. She is such a blessing to us. We love watching her grow and discover the world around her. She has such a sweet and sensitive personality already, we can't wait to watch her grow up and see the little girl she becomes. 








Our home:
Three days before our wedding we closed on our house, a 1950s cape cod style home that needed a lot of work. We have spent the last 3 years renovating our little house and making it a home. We did some pretty intensive renovations for the first 6 months of owning it, including completely gutting and re-doing the kitchen, adding a bathroom, replacing the flooring and so much more. My degree is in interior design and Todd has a background as an independent contractor. Needless to say, we both love remodeling and home decor and have a list a mile long of things we want to do with our house. 



So, this is my life in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to this new adventure and seeing how this little blog develops and changes over time. 



No comments:

Post a Comment